Undergraduate Student Resources
The AEA's Resources for Students is a great one-stop shop for all things economics.
Help with Classes
- CAPs is an award-winning learning assistance program available to all UNM students enrolled in undergraduate classes. It offers tutoring services, writing support, learning strategy workshops, and much more.
- UNM CAPS Online Writing Lab (OWL) allows you to submit pieces of writing to a CAPS tutor for feedback.
- Course Drop-In Hours – Take advantage of your instructor and/or teaching assistant’s drop-in hours.
- Undergraduate Economics Lounge, newly renovated in the Department of Economics is a place to work solo, meet up with your peers to study, and check out any current departmental happenings on the bulletin board.
Economics Research and Writing
- UNM Libraries Economic Research Guides is a one-stop shop for major databases, top economics resources, and how-to guides. Definitely check this out.
- UNM’s Online Tutorial on Academic Integrity
- Plagiarism Overview – wealth of information on what plagiarism is, examples, and tutorials for you to work through, provided by UNM Health Sciences Library and Informatics Center
- UNM Economics Citations Guide
- How to Build an Economic Model in Your Spare Time by Hal R. Varian, essay for Passion and Craft: Economists at Work, edited by Michael Szenberg, University of Michigan Press, 1997.
- The Student’s Guide to Writing Economics by Robert Neugeboren. 2005. Available online via UNM Libraries.
- The Young Person’s Guide to Writing Economic Theory by William Thomson. 1999. Journal of Economic Literature 37 (1): 157–83. Available online via UNM Libraries.
- UNM Scholarship Office
- Department of Economics Awards
UNM Advocacy and Community Support
- Run with Your Pack
- UNM Advocacy and Community Support
Careers, Internships, and Professional Development
- AEA’s Careers in Economics for up-to-date information on projected earnings and how econ majors provide expertise in various types of careers.
- UNM’s Office of Career Services is your one-stop shop for everything you need to get you ready for your post-graduate opportunities. Just a few of their resources:
- UNM Handshake is UNM's career portal and on-campus recruiting site. This is a must!
- Careers for Economics (scroll down and select Economics) provides info on what majors end up doing, top NM companies that employ economics majors, and tips.
- Job and Internship Fairs
- Career Tools includes advice on how to interview and write resumes, cover letters, and follow-up letters.
- Workshops and Events shows upcoming internship and job fairs, workshops on career tools, and much more.
- UNM Internships List are listed by UNM’s Center for Academic Excellence and Leadership Development and are available across the globe. You can search by internships that focus on research, leadership, service, and business.
- Omicron Delta Epsilon: The International Honor Society for Economics is an academic honor society recognizing scholastic achievement of undergraduate and graduate economics students.
Study Abroad, Undergraduate Research, and Honors
For opportunities to enrich your economics degree, including Study Abroad, Research, and other opportunities, check out our Enriching Your Degree page.